Thursday, February 16, 2017
9:00 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Your shuttle bus will look like this or similar, with, most likely, this S.A.F. logo on it, not Alibus.
For those of you making your spring or summer plans to come to Stresa, here is the information on the Alibus shuttle between Malpensa Airport and Stresa:
Things You Need To Know About Alibus:
What Is The Alibus Operating Schedule?
For 2017 Alibus will begin service to Stresa and Lago Maggiore on April 1, and will run until October 15. It runs seven days a week. The earliest bus each day leaves Malpensa around 8:30 am and the last bus each day leaves Malpensa around 9:00 pm. The trip to Stresa takes one hour. For the returns to Malpensa, the earliest bus leaves Stresa each day around 6:30 am and the last bus leaves Stresa each day around 7:30 pm, arriving at Malpensa one hour later.
Where Can I Make My Reservation?
Directly on the Alibus website here: www.safprenotazioni.com You can fill out the form provided, using the drop down menus to find available times and stops, or, you can call them directly during business hours. You must make the reservation no later than the day before you intend to travel. Here is what they say," The user should book his own travelling, choosing from the fixed timetables, before h.11:00 of the day before the departure. For the departures on Sundays and Monday the call should be done before h.11:00 of Saturday. For the transfers on festivities and the coming day the call should be done before h.11:00 of the day before the festivity." And as they indicate, when you receive an email from them consider it your confirmation and proof of reservation. If you do not receive an email please try contacting them again.
How Much Does The Alibus Shuttle Cost?
For the year 2017 the price for each person, each way, to Stresa or back to Malpensa, is 12 euro. To Verbania or back is 15 euro.
How Do I Pay For My Ticket?
Tickets must be paid for on the bus, and only in cash. This will require having euro with you, so if you are planning to take the shuttle upon arrival to Malpensa please plan to have the correct amount of euro ready, or to visit an ATM in the airport.
Where Does The Alibus Pick Me Up At Malpensa Airport?
From MALPENSA Terminal 1, exit the terminal through exit doors 2 or 3, go bus stop 5 or 6. At MALPENSA Terminal 2, exit through door 2, go to bus stop 2.
Where Does The Alibus Drop Me In Stresa?
Alibus shuttle stops in the large parking lot, also called Piazza Marconi, at the boat imbarcadero, where there is the main church in Stresa. When possible, as noted on the site, your Alibus driver may be able to stop closer to your hotel if it is directly along the lake. Ask him about this when you board, but be prepared for the Piazza Marconi stop.
These are the questions I'm most commonly asked, and the most important to know. In general, know that Alibus has been running this service for many years and is reliable and safe. The coach buses or vans are comfortable and luggage will be stored underneath or in the back. It is a very economical and easy way to reach Stresa from Malpensa.
Main Alibus site: http://www.safduemila.com/
bus photo courtesy of Alibus website
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- Important Train Information
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Parking a Car in Stresa
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
If you don't already receive Italian Notebook, sign up immediately to receive this wonderful daily dose of Italy.
- art and culture
- day trips
- for kids
- Guest writer Tony
- just for fun
- learning italian
- letters from readers
- letters from the editor
- news and information
- outdoor activities
- photo gallery
- places to go
- places to go and day trips
- places to stay
- rainy day activities
- things to do